Why Join Section III?
Because it’s about YOUR career.
Joining Section III is one of the beneficial investments you will make for your professional growth. Some of the valuable advantages membership gives you include:
- Participating in a strong network of colleagues invested in gender issues
- Be on the front edge of representing in psychoanalysis and in your community issues of gender, reproductive autonomy and social justice
- Mentoring program for women providing multifaceted support across varying career issues
- Support for writing, publishing and presenting
- Networking with other savvy colleagues at Section-Three events
- Increasing your visibility within your client community
- Opportunities for panel discussion, leadership and relationship building
Now in our twentieth year, Section III continues to make vital contributions to the intellectual life of the Division – by presenting discussions about women in leadership, clinical concerns in the treatment of women and men as they involve gender, and sustaining a voting presence on the larger Division 39 Board of Directors.
We also have a book coming out in February 2017 and expect to work on similar projects in the future!
Many Section III leaders have gone on to positions of leadership in the Division. The Section publishes a directory of members that is useful for making client referrals.
What We Offer
The Section typically sponsors two comprehensive panels a year on topics particularly relevant to gender issues. The first one is at the Spring Meeting of Division 39 and the second is at the national APA Convention.
We also offer members the chance to develop experience in leadership and provide opportunities for networking, mentoring, and support of scholarship.
Investing in a yearly Section III membership is only:
- Regular Members can join for $20
- Students can join for free
- ECP members can also join for free
Remember…this is YOUR career and your opportunity to join the targeted association that’s dedicated towards helping you achieve YOUR professional goals. Section III is here for you – take advantage of it today.
Joining is easy! Just click HERE.
Renewing is easy! Just click HERE.
Voluntary Contributions & Dues Payment Online
To pay your dues online now or to make a voluntary contribution, click HERE
SECTION III AWARDS
Annual Thesis/Dissertation Award is given to a member of Division 39 who has completed their dissertation within the past two years. The dissertation should further the understanding of women and gender, preferably from a psychoanalytic viewpoint.
A $200 prize will be awarded to the applicant with the best abstract for a master’s thesis or doctoral dissertation completed in or after 2017. The thesis or dissertation must address women’s or gender issues from a psychoanalytic perspective. Abstracts as well as a one page summary of your paper (suitable for posting on the Division Website or newsletter) should be sent to Peggy Carr at email@example.com by February 1, 2019. They will be judged on the basis of relevance, quality, and originality.
The award winner will be honored at the Division 39 Spring Meeting. The winner is strongly encouraged, but not required, to attend.